It is possible to use the shortcut key/mouse combination "Alt+click" (Option+click on Mac) on an object in the scheduling console to open the related object where those objects are stored, i.e., on Salesforce or ServiceNow.
Using the Open In Platform Shortcut
Typically the items that will have this action enabled will be object names. Most object names will be interactive within the scheduling web app and can be viewed in situ, however, some names with this action do not have a separate view; this is where this shortcut can be handy.
To perform this action, hover over any of the locations displayed below within the scheduling web app and left-click on them while pressing the alt (or option) key on the keyboard. Doing so will open a new tab that will link directly to that object within the view of the CRM platform being used to store it.
Figure 1. Where to alt-click on a job name on a job card in the scheduling console.
The "Open in Platform" action applies to many objects related to Skedulo including:
- Recurring schedules.
- Resource attributes.
- The job name of any job card.
- The job name of a job card/tile in any swimlane.
- The job name of jobs listed in any recurring schedule detail view.
- The resource name of an allocated resource in the job detail view.
- The resource name in any swimlane.
- The resource name from the resources view.
- The recurring schedule name referred to in the job details view.
- The recurring schedule name listed in the recurring schedules list view.
- The activity name in the activity list view.
- The attribute name in the resources view.
- The type name of any unavailability in resources view.
- The account and contact from the recurring schedule detail view.