The "Quick-start" series of articles enables you to go from setting up resources to dispatching your first job in a few short steps.
- Quick-start 1: The Onboarding Wizard.
- Quick-start 2: How to Set Up Resources (this article!)
- Quick-start 3: Creating Jobs.
- Quick-start 4: Dispatching Jobs.
Once you've gone through "The Onboarding Wizard," this article will take you through how to set up those resources you created during onboarding. A resource must have a contact number, a preferred method of notification, and be made available before they can receive jobs from a scheduler.
Short Video Explainers
The Scheduling Console (2 min 32)
Setting Up Resources (3 min 22)
Introduction to Availability (3 min 33)
Please Note! The following examples use fictitious names and data.
- To start, go to the "Resources" console on the Skedulo web app (access is provided via the nav bar).
- Click on the "People" tab to see a list of your resources.
- Select a resource from the list to view their details.
Figure 1. The resources console in the Skedulo web app.
In the "Details" view of your chosen resource, ensure that the following fields are populated:
- Country prefix (AU, NZ, UK or US are currently available).
- Mobile number.
- Preferred notification method (we recommended "push" but SMS is also available).
- Save the selections.
Figure 2. Some completed contact details for a resource.
Update the "Availability" for your resource to ensure it reflects their normal working hours. This is configured using the "Availability Console."
- Access the availability console via the nav bar.
- Click on the "Calendar" tab to view a list of your resources and their availability.
- Click the "Add new" (template) button at the top-right of the calendar.
- Select the "Template details" tab.
- Select the days that your resource will be generally available to work, e.g., Monday to Friday.
- Select the times that your resource will be generally available to work, e.g., 9:00-5:00.
- Click the "Next" button (to switch tabs).
- Ensure the "Resources" tab is active.
- Choose the resources that are to be associated with this template (a single individual recommended).
- Save the template.
The resource now is available to receive jobs.
Also, see Availability Console.
Figure 3. How to create an availability template via the availability console.
Figure 4. Configuring the days and times of an availability template.
Figure 5. Adding a resource to an availability template.