The notification view in Skedulo X shows a queue of jobs that have been allocated and dispatched to the resource. The jobs in this queue are yet to be accepted (or confirmed).
If a resource chooses to accept a job, its status will change to "Confirmed" and will be moved to the agenda.
- Notification Setup on the Mobile Device
- Viewing Notifications
- Finding and Fixing Issues with Notifications
Notification Setup on the Mobile Device
When you first install the app on your device, you are presented with a popup question asking whether or not you want to accept notifications for Skedulo X. This concerns your mobile's notification settings like banners, notification center and badges, which are all controlled by your mobile's general settings. These notifications are external to the Skedulo X app, i.e., when the app is in standby mode, you can still receive notifications this way. However, if you close Skedulo X (or log out), you'll not see any notifications until you next open the app and log back in.
In-app (once you are logged in) you will receive both a pop-up notification, and you'll also get a notification appear in the main menu notifications view.
If you do not allow notifications, the only indication you will see is in the main menu notifications view. You won't see any banners, pop-ups etc. However, in the agenda view, if you refresh the page, you will see all new jobs.
Notifications remain in the notification view until you have confirmed the job.
Figure 1. The popup request to allow Skedulo X to notify the mobile user and the device settings applied (this example is from an IOS device).
A number (count) indicator, next to "Notifications" in the main menu, alerts the resource to the number of jobs yet to be acknowledged. These notifications are shown for the next three months, from the device's date.
If the resource is not online at the time of dispatch when they reconnect, Skedulo X will perform a synchronization, the notification view will update, and a counter will be applied.
When jobs are on a recurring schedule, the total number of jobs in that schedule will be shown in the notifications panel for the upcoming three months. i.e., If the schedule contains 40 jobs over four months, and 30 of those are in the first three months, 30 jobs will be added to the total.
A scheduler may ask their resource to accept each recurring job individually, or all in one go; the count indicator will reflect this action.
When "Acknowledge all jobs" is set, each job has to be accepted, and the count indicator will reflect this.
When "Acknowledge all jobs" is not set, once one job in the recurrence is accepted, all jobs from that recurrence are removed from the count indicator.
Figure 2. A pending notification in the main menu of Skedulo X. The button links to the job notifications view.
Figure 3. A notification pop-up on the lock screen of an IOS mobile.
Figure 4. A notification pop-up in the agenda view of Skedulo X.
If the mobile user has accepted the job, and the scheduler notifies them again, the notification comes through as a "Reminder for JOB-xxxx."
Figure 5. A reminder pop-up on the lock screen of an IOS mobile.
Figure 6. A reminder notification in the agenda view of Skedulo X.
Finding and Fixing Issues with Notifications
There can be a number of reasons why you are not able to receive notifications on your mobile device. The following list provides a few things you can check:
- Are you connected to the Skedulo server (i.e., do you have a working network connection and have you successfully logged in to Skedulo)? If you are not logged in, you will not see any notifications.
- Do your mobile device settings permit notifications to be received? If you see notifications appearing in the main menu but do not see a banner notification on your device, this could be your problem).
- Have you already confirmed or accepted the job (for which you are expecting a notification)? If so, the notification will be removed, and the job will be available in your agenda.
- Not receiving SMS notifications? If this is the first time you have used your device, double check with your scheduler that your mobile contact number is correctly defined in your CRM. Check both the number format and check for any special characters (remove these and try with numbers only).
Outside of these few checks, it is best that you contact your support team.