Activities allow resources to schedule simple tasks and are typically used for small scenarios where the complexity of a full job is not needed. They can also be used to block out periods of time when a resource is performing work that is not related to a job.
Create an Activity
An activity can be created via the web app or via the mobile app. To create an activity from the web app click the "+" (or "Create New") button in the top bar at the right-hand corner of the console. This will launch the "New Activity" modal.
The following fields must be completed before the activity can be saved (fields highlighted red):
- Type (the type of activity).
- Address (the location where the activity should occur).
- Resource (name).
- Start date.
- Start time.
- End date.
- End time.
Optional fields include:
- Notes (to provide a short description of the activity being performed).
- Location (choose an existing location–will pre-fill the address if selected).
Figure 1. The new activity modal.
Also, see The Skedulo Mobile App: Activities.
Default Activity Types
Activities require a type, by default the following types are available:
- Meal break.
Add Additional Activity Types
Note: Administrators can add additional activity types to the CRM (e.g. Salesforce, ServiceNow).
Add Additional Activity Types in Salesforce
The process for adding an activity type in Salesforce is as follows:
- Navigate to the Salesforce setup page.
- Click on the "Object Manager" tab.
- Search for "Activity" and select the Skedulo activity object.
- Go to "Fields & Relationships" and select the "Type" field.
- In the "Values" section you can add and/or change the "Activity" values as required.
Figure 2. The Salesforce Setup screen.
Figure 3. The Salesforce Object Manager with a search for activity.
Figure 4. The Salesforce Object Manager with a search for type.
Figure 5. The Salesforce Object Manager type page looking at values.
Activities in the Swimlanes
Scheduled activities can be seen in the scheduling console swimlanes (highlighted purple). Using a mouse, roll-over an activity in the swimlane to see its duration.
Figure 6. An activity in the scheduling console swimlane.
In the swimlanes, right-click on the activity to edit or delete it.
Figure 7. Editing an activity in the swimlanes.