Aside from the scheduling console, the job console is one of the primary ways a scheduler can manage jobs within Skedulo. It allows the user to quickly and easily find jobs matching a variety of criteria and can provide an at-a-glance summary of crucial information.
Viewing the Jobs List
The default view to show all upcoming jobs, twenty-five at a time, with page controls located at the bottom of the console. If there are no upcoming jobs, the message "You have no jobs yet. Create a job." is displayed. Action buttons (notify, lock, unlock, deallocate, unschedule, and cancel) are exposed once one or more jobs are selected.
Figure 1. The job list in the job console.
Jobs List Filter Bar
By default, the job list will show all upcoming jobs in the schedulers default region. The region filter can be changed to include multiple regions and the scheduler can also fine-tune the criteria to filter the job list.
The main filter bar includes filters for the following options:
- Region–the scheduler can choose to display jobs from a specific region or multiple regions. By default, this will display the last updated region (or regions), or the default region if none have been chosen.
- Job Offers.
- Job Type.
- Job Status.
- Job Urgency.
- Job Tags.
- Allocated Resources.
Figure 2. The jobs list region filter.
Figure 3. The jobs list additional filter options.
Tip! Customized filters in the main filter bar can be saved for reuse.
Time Filter Menu
The time filter menu is located in the top-right corner of the console. It has two options:
- Upcoming jobs (the default setting)–this will display all upcoming jobs, sorted to show the most recent first. This is a great way to quickly identify jobs that are in need of immediate attention.
- Past jobs–this will display jobs scheduled in the past. Note that this does not factor in the completion state of the job–an incomplete job will still be considered a past job.
Columns in the Jobs List
The jobs table contains the following columns (of which some can be sorted clicking on the small accent next to the title):
- Name/Description (can be sorted).
- Job Type (can be sorted).
- Status (can be sorted).
- Address (can be sorted).
- Scheduled (can be sorted).
- Urgency (can be sorted).
- Job offers.
- Locked and recurring jobs.
The display of these columns can be customized via the admin settings.