Displaying shifts directly within the scheduling console, allows schedulers to make better-informed choices while allocating jobs. Shifts are displayed in the scheduling swimlanes, providing the scheduler with a visual reference while allocating jobs, alerting them to the fact that an allocation is outside of a shift period or conflicts with the unavailability of a resource.
To create a shift in Salesforce performing the following steps:
- Using Salesforce Lightning, open the App Launcher.
- Select "Shifts."
- To create a new shift, click the "New" button (top-right).
- Enter the shift details.
- Click "Save."
Figure 1. Locating shifts in Salesforce.
Figure 2. Creating a new shift in Salesforce.
Assign a Resource to a Shift
To assign resources to shifts perform the following:
- Locate and open the shift in Salesforce (via App Launcher > Shifts) and select the "Related" tab. For "Resource Shifts" click on "New" to open the "New Resource Shift" modal.
- Complete the required fields to add single or multiple resources to the shift.
- Remember to "Save" the changes.
Figure 3. Adding resources to shifts in Salesforce.
To view the shifts that have been created there are two options:
- Use Salesforce (via the "App Launcher" and "Shifts"). See "Creating Shifts" above.
- Use the Skedulo web app.
Viewing Shifts in the Skedulo Web App
Shifts are presented in the scheduling console swimlanes as a thin blue bar which runs alongside a resource's swimlane. When defined, they appear in both the horizontal and vertical swimlanes. To view a shift's details, mouse-over the blue bar–a tooltip will pop-up.
Figure 4. Viewing shifts in the scheduling console horizontal swimlanes.
Figure 5. Viewing shifts in the scheduling console vertical swimlanes.