Physical assets, such as vehicles, mechanical plant or medical equipment, can be associated with a job. Assets are created in the CRM using a resource type of "asset."
To view the available assets on the Skedulo web app, go to the navigation menus and click on "Resources," then select the "Assets" from the options.
Figure 1. Viewing assets in the resource console in the Skedulo web app.
To view asset resources using Salesforce, using the "App Launcher" select "Resources."
Figure 2. Viewing asset resources in Salesforce CRM.
To create an asset resource, perform the following:
- Using Salesforce Lightning, open the "App Launcher."
- Select "Resources."
- Click the "New" button (top right).
- Enter a "Resource Name" for the asset.
- For "Resource Type" select "Asset" from the drop-down menu.
- Select the "Primary Region" from the options available.
- "Save" the new resource.
Figure 3. Creating a new asset resource in Salesforce CRM.
Also, see Resources Console.
Allocate and Schedule Assets
Schedulers can allocate assets via the scheduling console or the job details view.
Allocate Assets via Job Details View
In the job details view,
- Show the available assets in the swimlanes by adding the resource type "Asset" filter in the filter bar.
- Locate the asset that is to be associated with the job from the available resources list. Using a mouse, roll-over the asset to reveal a blue "plus" button. Click on the plus button to allocate it to the job.
Figure 4. Allocating an asset to a job in the job details view.
Note: To see all assets, first add the resource type filter called "Asset" to the filter bar.
Assets cannot be dispatched. Instead, they are linked to the job. They can be seen in the Skedulo mobile app, in the job's details.
Allocate Assets via the Scheduling Console
From the scheduling console, locate the job that the asset is associated with, then drag and drop the job card into the resource's swimlane at the time required.
Figure 5. Allocating a job with an asset in the scheduling console.
Figure 6. How to view any associated assets on the Skedulo mobile app.