How do I change the Skedulo web app to display a job's date in AU format, i.e., DD/MM/YYYY?
The date format is not something set by Skedulo; it's set by your web browser. Web browsers often default to display dates in US format, i.e., MM/DD/YYYY. To change this default behavior you'll need to change your web browser's settings to your preferred format.
Steps to Localize the Date Format Using Google Chrome
In the following example, the date setting will be changed to use AU format (although the same steps can be used to change the date to any region-specific format).
- Open Chrome and click the "Customize and control Google Chrome" icon (it's the three vertical dots in the top right-hand corner of the browser tab).
- Choose "Settings."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose "Advanced" (to expand the advanced options).
- Under the section named "Languages," click on and expand "Language." If the language you want is already displayed in this list, click "More actions..." followed by "Move to the top." Reload the web browser, and that date format will be set as the default. If, however, the language you want is not on the list, got on to step 5).
- Click "Add languages," search for and select your location-specific language, e.g., English (Australia). Click "Add" to add it to the bottom of the existing list.
- Click "More actions..."(3 vertical dots in the right of your new language) followed by "Move to the top."
- Reload the web browser, and that date format will be set as the default.
Figure 1. The Skedulo web app displaying a job with a US formatted date.
Figure 2. Adding a new language using Google Chrome's advanced language settings.
Figure 3. Moving the latest language addition to the top of the list to become the default.
Figure 4. The Google Chrome advanced language settings showing English Australia as the default format.
Figure 5. The Skedulo web app displaying a job with an AU formatted date.
Note: The steps defined above are based on Google Chrome v65. The settings described above are given in good faith but are subject to change. Always refer to the Google Chrome help documentation for the latest changes.