The "Shifts" view in the Skedulo mobile app provides a resource with an overview of all the shifts that they are assigned so that they may plan accordingly.
Note: Access to this console requires the "Shifts" feature to be enabled for your organization. Contact your Skedulo Customer Success Manager for more details.
Short Video Explainer
The Skedulo Mobile App: Shifts (2 min 14)
Once a scheduler has created and published a shift, it will become immediately available to view on the Skedulo mobile app; the resource just needs to log in or refresh their screen (by dragging down).
To view a shift, perform the following:
- Open the main menu by tapping on the hamburger button, at the top-left of the agenda.
- Locate and tap on the "Shifts" button from the menu options provided. A calendar will slide open that contains all assigned shifts.
- Small shift cards contain a summary of the shift. Tap on a shift card to see its full details.
- Tap the back button to return to the previous screen.
Figure 1. Accessing and viewing shifts on the Skedulo mobile app.
When a shift is assigned to a resource, the shift details will appear in Skedulo in the agenda (on the greeting banner) and on the calendar (above the list of job cards for the day)—this is visible in both the week and month views of the calendar.
Figure 2. Viewing shifts on the agenda on Skedulo.
Figure 3. Viewing shifts on the calendar views on Skedulo.
Note: Shifts are only available for mobile users connected to the new web app.
Note: The admin setting "Enable automatic resource notifications when a shift changes" must be activated to receive shift notifications.
A resource will be notified when:
- A new shift has been allocated to them and published.
- An existing allocated shift is updated.
- An existing allocated shift is canceled.
Notifications will appear on the mobile device as alerts, and they can also be viewed in the "Notifications" view (which is accessible via the main menu).
Figure 4. Accessing the shifts calendar from a new shift notification.
Figure 5. An example showing an update notification for a shift.
Also, see Admin Settings Beta Features.