Add an Availability
For each resource, on each date in the calendar, you can click the "plus" symbol at the bottom left of the cell to add a new availability (this becomes visible when you roll your mouse over the corner of the date—just be aware it will only appear for current and future dates, not past).
Figure 1. Adding an availability, activity or job to a resource from the console calendar.
The "Add Availability" option will open the "Create Availability" modal where availability and unavailability records can be created for a resource.
Figure 2. The create availability modal.
The "All Day" function will make the record a 24-hour duration for the date selected.
The "Repeat" function will enable a recurring pattern of availability to be created on a weekly or fortnightly pattern. This can be repeated for a number of periods, and any global holidays can be skipped.
When the availability record is saved, a check will be done to see if there is already an availability created for the proposed period. If there is no clash, the new availability will be saved.
If there is a clash, the "Availability Conflicts" modal will display:
- Reset—This button will clear any entries entered in the individual records.
- Merge All—This button will merge the two records for each day into one record for the day using the earliest start time and latest end times.
- Keep All—This button will replace all the existing records with the new records.
- Cancel All—This button will not create any of the new records and keep the existing records.
The merge, keep and cancel functions can also be done at an individual level. A value must be entered for each record before the record can be saved.
Figure 3. The availability conflicts modal.
Note: Conflict checks are only performed on availability records, not unavailability records.
Edit or Delete an Availability
Right-click on existing availability records to edit or delete them. Selecting the option "Edit Availability" will open the edit modal. If the availability forms part of a recurring schedule, the "Edit Recurring?" checkbox becomes available—when checked, you have the following options:
- Same Weekday (<Day>): Edit all records on the same day of the schedule.
- Following Events: Edit all future records of the schedule, from your selected availability onwards.
- All Events: Edit all records of the schedule, even those that occur prior to your selected availability.
Figure 4. The right-click menu options for availability.
Selecting the option "Delete Availability" will open the "Delete Availability?" confirmation modal. If the availability forms part of a recurring schedule, the "Delete Recurring?" checkbox becomes available.
Figure 5. The delete availability confirmation modal.