Add a Job
There are a number of places within the console that will enable a Job to be created for a site, service, or resource:
- From the filter—this will enable the site/location, service, and resource to be selected.
- From the site header—this will enable the service and resource to be selected.
- For each resource—on each date in the calendar, you can click the "plus" symbol at the bottom left of the cell to add a new job (this becomes visible when you roll your mouse over the corner of the date—it will only appear for current and future dates, not past dates).
Selecting "Add Job" will open the "Schedule Job" modal where you can create a new job.
Figure 1. Places where jobs can be added.
Complete the job details, such as the start time, description, region, and location as well as any tags.
Note: Where location at which "Add Job" was initiated determines the pre-population of the site, service, and resource fields.
Figure 2. The schedule job modal.
Once all the details have been entered, click on the "Create Job" button, at the bottom-right of the modal—doing so will give you two options:
- Go to Job Details Page: This option will navigate you to the Skedulo web app with the resource allocated to the job.
- Allocate Resources: This option will extend the "Job Edit/Creation" modal where resources can be allocated. Using this method:
By default, the resource will be allocated from where the job was initiated. However, resources with availability and matching tags will also be shown and can be selected.
The resources will show whether or not they have been "Over" or "Under" allocated for the current period.
The default resource can also be removed by clicking on the additional options menu (three dots) next to the allocated resource.
Once the resource has been allocated, clicking the "Update Job" button will save the resource and dispatch the job to them.
Figure 3. The two options to add resources once a job is created.
Figure 4. Allocate resources via the job edit modal.
Edit a Job
You can right-click on an existing job record to edit it. Selecting "Edit Job" from the drop-down menu will open the "Job Edit/Allocation" modal.
Figure 5. Editing a job in the service management console.
Clicking on "Edit Job" will launch the "Schedule Job" modal where changes to the job can be made—such as changing the time or resources allocated to the job. Alternatively, selecting the menu option "View in Skedulo" will open the job directly in the Skedulo web app where the changes can also be made.
Scheduling conflicts will be shown when a job is created or edited. A check will be made to see if the resource has availability and conflicting jobs or activities.
A warning will display the conflict and have the option to continue or not.
- "Save" will continue with the job's creation and navigate back to the console.
- "Cancel" will not save the job and remain on the job modal.
Figure 6. A job conflict.
If a job is created and there is a conflict, a warning icon will appear on the job and hovering over this (mouse-over) will show details of the conflict.
Figure 7. Conflict details are displayed while hovering over the warning icon.
Dispatching a Job to a Resource
When a job is created, the job will not be automatically dispatched to a resource. The job will be in a "Pending Dispatch" status and can be dispatched from the "Allocate Resource" console by clicking on the menu icon next to the resource or within the Skedulo web app.
Figure 8. Dispatching a job to a resource.