The geolocation fields for the following objects "Job," "Activity," "Resource," and "Location" can be automatically populated and updated when the "Address" field is changed.
Note: To enable this functionality you must have the following Salesforce managed package installed (as the minimum): Sked package v102.38.1.
You need a Salesforce user to act as the integration user. This user should:
- Have permission to perform any necessary action in Salesforce on behalf of normal users.
- Have "Skedulo Scheduler" permission set assigned.
- Have value "Administrator" in the field "skeduloUserType" of its user record.
Configure Skedulo API Token
- Generate a long-lived API token.
- Log into the Salesforce org.
- Open "Setup."
- Search for "Custom Metadata Types."
- For "Admin Settings" click "Manage Records."
- Create a new record with the admin setting name "Skedulo_API_Token." Copy and paste the API token (generated in Step 1) into the value field of the new record.
- Create a new record with the admin setting name "Skedulo_API_Token_Jti". Copy and paste the JTI value of the API token (generated in Step 1) into the value field of the new record.
- Authorize Skedulo API—In "Setup," search for "Remote Site Settings" then activate the entry for api.skedulo.com (i.e., tick the checkbox).
Note: Make sure the new records have the exact names as instructed above. The label and description fields can be anything.
Enable Geocoding For Objects
Using Salesforce CRM:
- Open "Setup."
- Search for "Custom Settings."
- For "Preferences," click on "Manage."
- The following four records correspond to the objects to enabled geocode auto-update. Edit the desired records and change the "Set" field to be true (checked):
- Save any changes.
Important! Do not inadvertently edit other "Preferences."
Figure 1. Locating the custom settings for preferences in Salesforce.
Figure 2. Setting a preference active.