Resources can create jobs (and optionally assign them to themselves), using the Skedulo mobile app.
Note: The ability to create new jobs using the mobile app is controlled by the admin setting "Allow resources to create jobs" (admin settings are configured in the web app). This "Beta" feature is disabled by default.
Create a New Job
To create a new job using the Skedulo mobile app:
- Tap the large "plus" icon in the top bar (at the top-right corner of the app).
- From the pop-up menu select "Job", this will open a "Create job" view containing various selection buttons.
- Select a job type from the list provided.
- Complete the rest of the job's details:
- Job description.
- Contact (optional).
- Location (optional).
- Start date (optional).
- Start time (optional).
- Urgency (optional).
- Assign to myself (optional). Note: When a new job is created and "Assigned to myself" is enabled, the start date and time are required before it can be saved.
- Other notes (optional).
- Tap on the tick icon (at the top-right of the view) to save the job.
- If the switch "Assign to myself" was enabled when the job was saved, the new job will appear in the calendar views in a pre-confirmed state.
Figure 1. Creating a new job using the Skedulo mobile app.
Figure 2. Finalizing the details of a job, using the Skedulo mobile app.
Also, see Admin Settings: Beta Features.
Data not saved
When you tap the tick to create a job you get the following notification "Data not saved" and either "Try again" or "Discard this change"—why is this happening?
Figure 3. Trying to create a job on the Skedulo mobile app but getting an error.
If you tap "Show details" (the other option in the menu), you will be able to see the error details. If the error reads "insufficient_access_or_readonly - Object sked_Job_Allocation__c" you probably are not permitted to create jobs using the mobile app. Best to contact your Skedulo admin, they will be able to help.
Admins—for organizations using Salesforce to connect to Skedulo, check the permissions for the "Job Allocations" object in the "Skedulo Resource" permission set. By default, this object is read-only for resources. To grant permission to create jobs using the mobile app, first clone the permission set, then enable "Create" for the job allocation object (and save). Once enabled this cloned permission set will need to be added to the appropriate user before they can use the feature.
Figure 4. The job allocation object settings in the Skedulo resource permission set.
Note: The organization's CRM administrator is responsible for creating and maintaining cloned permission sets.