Managing Resource Availability
Adding a Resource Availability or Unavailability
For each resource, on each date in the calendar, you can click the "plus" symbol at the bottom left of the cell to add a new availability (this becomes visible when you roll your mouse over the corner of the date—just be aware it will only appear for current and future dates, not past).
The "Add Availability" option will open the "Create Availability" modal where availability and unavailability records can be created for a resource.
The "All Day" function will make the record a 24-hour duration for the date selected.
The "Repeat" function will enable a recurring pattern of availability to be created on a weekly or fortnightly pattern. This can be repeated for a number of periods, and any global holidays can be skipped.
When the availability record is saved, a check will be done to see if there is already an availability created for the proposed period. If there is no clash, the new availability will be saved.
If there is a clash, the "Availability Conflicts" modal will display:
Reset—This button will clear any entries entered in the individual records.
Merge All—This button will merge the two records for each day into one record for the day using the earliest start time and latest end times.
Keep All—This button will replace all the existing records with the new records.
Cancel All—This button will not create any of the new records and keep the existing records.
The merge, keep and cancel functions can also be done at an individual level. A value must be entered for each record before the record can be saved.
Conflict checks are only performed on availability records, not unavailability records.
Right-click on existing availability records to edit or delete them. Selecting the option "Edit Availability" will open the edit modal. If the availability forms part of a recurring schedule, the "Edit Recurring?" checkbox becomes available—when checked, you have the following options:
Same Weekday (<Day>): Edit all records on the same day of the schedule.
Following Events: Edit all future records of the schedule, from your selected availability onwards.
All Events: Edit all records of the schedule, even those that occur prior to your selected availability.
Selecting the option "Delete Availability" will open the "Delete Availability?" confirmation modal. If the availability forms part of a recurring schedule, the "Delete Recurring?" checkbox becomes available.
Managing Site Availability
Schedulers have the ability to add availability and unavailability for a site on the Service Management Console.
Adding a Site Availability or Unavailability
The ‘Add Availability’ option will open the ‘Create Availability’ modal.
Service Management Console - Add Availability Option
Create Site Availability Modal
- The "Repeat" function will enable a recurring pattern of availability to be created on a weekly or fortnightly pattern. This can be repeated for a number of periods, and any global holidays can be skipped.
Create Site Availability > Repeat Option
- The "All Day" function will make the record a 24-hour availability for the date selected.
Create Site Availability > All Day Option
NOTE: When the availability record is saved, no check will be done to see if there is already an availability created for the proposed date/time.
Viewing a Site Availability / Unavailability
Hover over the availability record to display a summary of the availability.
Viewing a Site Availability or Unavailability
Updating a Site Availability or Unavailability
Right-click an existing availability record to display availability record options.
Site Availability Options
- Edit Availability - Select to edit an availability record’s details
- Delete Availability - Select to delete the availability record
- Cancel - Select to cancel the display of the options
When deleting an availability, a ‘Delete Availability?’ modal is displayed to confirm that the activity record is to be deleted. Once deleted the availability record is not able to be retrieved.
Delete Site Availability Confirmation
- Delete Recurring? - Select to delete one or more recurring instances of the site’s availability or unavailability
- Same Weekday - Select to delete the current and all recurring records for the same weekday (eg. every Wednesday) from the current date and onward
- Following Events - Select to delete the current and all recurring records (created from the original record) from the current date and onward
- All Events - Select to delete all previous and future recurring records including the current date
- No - Select to cancel deleting the single or recurring site availability or unavailability
- Yes - Select to confirm deletion of the single or recurring site availability or unavailability
Once deleted the availability record is not able to be retrieved.