Dynamic messaging provides a flexible communication platform for resources in the field to stay up to date on information they need to complete their work throughout the day.
Contact your Skedulo Customer Success representative to discuss how to add dynamic messaging to your organization.
Beta features should be considered "in development" and may not be fully supported or complete. Beta features are available as a preview for testing purposes and may be unstable. They should be used with caution in production environments.
Messaging is a less formal, faster, and more efficient way of communicating on work in Skedulo than having to rely on a separate email client or another external communication tool.
When enabled in your organization, all users with an active Skedulo user profile will be able to access and use the messaging service.
Resources and schedulers then have the ability to stay in contact through group message channels and private channels within the Skedulo mobile application, similar to the way other popular messaging applications like Slack or Microsoft Teams operate.
Messaging is available on mobile devices for resources in the field to be able to communicate between themselves and schedulers, who can also use messaging from the Skedulo web application.
See Skedulo Mobile App: Device Compatibility for more information about supported mobile devices.
Skedulo for Salesforce Chatter users
Salesforce Chatter cannot be used at the same time as Skedulo's dynamic messaging feature. Enabling dynamic messaging will disable Salesforce Chatter integration in your Skedulo organization.
Resources can access messaging functionality from their mobile device by tapping the Messages icon on the bottom navigation bar in the Skedulo Mobile App.
Messages can be sent to multiple users within a channel or as a direct message to one or more users.
You can create a channel in your organization from the mobile app or from the web UI.
All channels are private by default.
Channels can be useful for discussing specific jobs or company-wide topics.
- Tap the + icon next to Channels to create a new channel in the mobile app.
- Provide a name for your channel. Only letters, numbers, and basic punctuation are supported for channel names.
- (Optional) Provide a channel description or topic.
- Tap the Add members button to add other users from your organization to the channel.
- Select the users you want to include in the channel. The user creating the channel is automatically included. Tap Done when you have finished.
- Tap Save in the upper-right corner of the New channel screen to create the channel.
The channel opens automatically in the mobile application.
- Type your message to begin chatting in the channel.
You can access the channel list and any direct message conversations from the Messages screen.
You can create a direct message between you up to eight other Skedulo users in your organization.
Direct messages are private channels for communication between the channel participants and cannot be searched for or joined by other users.
- In the Skedulo Mobile App, open the Messages page and tap the + next to Direct messages to start a new direct message channel.
- Add the users you want to include in the channel.
- Tap Done when you have selected the participants. This opens chat window for you to begin the conversation.
Dynamic messaging includes many of the messaging and chat features you would be familiar with if you have used other messaging applications, such as Slack, Facebook Messenger, or Microsoft Teams.
You can react to messages using standard react emojis.
Click the message you want to respond to and select the emoji symbol from the pop-out menu.
The react count appears beside the reaction emojis that have been made on the post.
You can also send an emoji as a message using the messaging keyboard:
You can add images and attachments to your message using the + icon on the message input.
Select the file or image you want to attach. Currently, you can only attach one image at a time, but you can attach additional files or images by tapping the attach icon ().
Send the image/s with accompanying text message by typing your message into the input box and sending the message once all files are uploaded to the message.
You can open an image file for a larger view by tapping on it in the chat page:
Schedulers and resources with access to the Skedulo web application an access their messages through the web UI.
You can perform all of the same messaging actions in the web UI as you can from the mobile application.
To access dynamic messaging from the Skedulo web application, click the chat bubble icon in the upper-right corner of the web UI.
- Click the chat bubble in the upper-right corner.
- You can create a channel in the web application by clicking the + icon next to either Channels or Direct messages and complete the required information in the modal.
- Add users to the channel from the Members tab. You can do this by selecting one or multiple users from the list, or
select allto add all users in your organization.
Or by filtering the list from the search bar to find the users you want to include in the channel:
- Click Create when you are finished.
You can use the same process to create a direct message channel in the web application.
- Click the + next to Direct messages to open a new direct message channel.
- Select the user or users you want to include in the direct message channel.
You can include up to eight users including yourself in the channel.
- Click Go to create the channel and begin chatting.
- You can attach images and files using the attach icon () or use emojis from the emoji icon.
You can tag a user in a channel from the web app by typing
@ and selecting their name from the prompt.
The chat bubble icon in the Skedulo web application displays a notification number when there are new messages available for the logged-in user.