Skedulo Analytics is available to customers at an additional cost. Contact your Skedulo Customer Success representative for more information.
Making Selections in a Widget
You can click on a specific portion of a widget to select it. This filters the dashboard according to the selected data by adding a filter to the dashboard’s Filters panel.
You can also use the selection to drill down in the widget (see Drilling Down in a Widget).
To select an item in a widget for filtering:
- Left-click an item in a widget to automatically select it and add a dashboard filter according to the selection.
- For multiple selections, use the Ctrl key. When released, a menu will appear. Click Select.
- In chart widgets, you can drag and draw the area to be selected, as shown below:
When you select a portion of the widget, appears in the widget's menu bar. Click to expand your view of the selection.
You can refine your data further by toggling the switches on the left side as shown in the example below.
Drilling Down in a Widget
You can drill down into your data in most widgets to get an in-depth view of a selected value.
In the following example, the pie chart on the left shows a breakdown by gender. This is the original chart as created by the Dashboard’s Designer. On the right side, the chart shows a breakdown or drill down showing age groups of the ‘female’ segment from the original pie chart.
You can drill down from any field to any field, unless disabled by the dashboard’s Designer.
To drill down into a chart:
- Right-click on the item in the widget into which you want to drill down.
- To manually select the drill hierarchy path, select Drill Into, and then in the In the Data Browser, select the field into which to drill down. If you have already drilled into this chart, then you will have shortcuts to previously selected fields, or select Choose Another Field to select a different field for the first time.
Select a predefined drill hierarchy (if available). Predefined drill hierarchies are defined by the dashboard's owner.
To drill up to a higher level, click on a breadcrumb. To drill all the way up, click on the X icon.