Skedulo Analytics is available to customers at an additional cost. Contact your Skedulo Customer Success representative for more information.
After you have viewed your dashboards, you may have discovered some insights you want to share. Skedulo Analytics supports a variety of ways you can share your data with other Skedulo Analytics users.
Downloading widgets and dashboards as various file types is useful for sharing your data with users or including in your reports and presentations, however, you can also share dashboards directly with other users by email or by copying and sharing the URL.
In addition, you can schedule automatic reports to be sent to yourself or other users via the email tab in the sharing modal.
The topics below describe how you can share widgets and dashboards with other users.
You can download widgets in one of the following formats depending on the widget type:
- CSV: Download the data described by the widget in a CSV file. If you have applied any filters, the filtered data is the data included in the file.
- Excel: Download the data described by the widget in an Excel file. When you export a pivot table to Excel, the data that is exported is the data that is displayed in your widget. This means that any active filters, layout structure, and masks that you have applied in Skedulo Analytics to your data are exported as well. For example, if you have modified how currency, percentages, or numbers are formatted in the widget in Skedulo Analytics, these will be reflected in your exported Excel file. Exporting to Excel maintains your pivot’s layout and structure, and values such as sub-totals, which are not maintained when you export a pivot table to CSV.
- Image: You can download a widget as an image in PNG format. The image size will reflect the size of the widget on the screen when you download it. To create a larger image, enlarge the widget space in the dashboard, or open the widget in edit view, to get a bigger picture.
- PDF: Download the widget as a PDF. For Table widgets, you can customize how your table is displayed in your PDF including the table’s orientation and page size. In the PDF Report Settings, the first 14 pages of your Pivot table are displayed in the preview window, however, when you export your Pivot table to PDF, the entire table is included, up to 10,000 rows on multiple pages. For more information, see Customizing PDF Reports.
To download a widget:
- In dashboard view, click on the widget’s menu, and select Download, then select the relevant file type.
- In the edit widget view, click on the download icon, and select Download, then select the relevant file type.
Downloading a Dashboard as an Image
You can download the dashboard as an image. This can be useful for including the dashboard in a presentation, web site, etc.
To download the image:
- Click at the top right of the dashboard and select Download> Download Image.
- You can also define the following additional settings:
- Show Dashboard Title: Turning this on will display the dashboard name at the top of the PDF.
- Show Dashboard Filters: Turning this on will display a summary of the dashboard filter selections at the top of the PDF.
- Show ElastiCube Info: Turning this on will display the ElastiCube name and last build time at the top of the PDF.
Creating PDF Reports
When you need to take copies of your dashboards with you for meetings or sharing with others, you can generate a PDF report of your dashboard.
By clicking the icon on your dashboard, you can customize your dashboard’s appearance through the PDF Report Settings page. After you have defined how your dashboard is to be displayed, you can download your dashboard locally as a PDF.
To create a PDF report:
- From your dashboard menu, click the PDF icon .
The PDF Report Settings page is displayed.
- Customize how your dashboard is displayed in the PDF. For more information, see Customizing PDF Reports.
- Click . The dashboard is downloaded locally as a PDF file.
Customizing PDF Reports
If you need to share dashboards with other users, or create a hardcopy for yourself, Skedulo Analytics allows you to send an email report to your users or export your dashboard to PDF. Dashboards in email reports and PDFs look different to online dashboards as they serve different purposes. Through the PDF Report Settings, you can customize and create formatted email reports and PDFs according to your requirements. PDF Report Settings allow you to define both the content and design of your report quickly and easily.
From the PDF Report Settings page, you have two modes, Edit mode, for customizing your PDF, and View mode, for seeing how the dashboard will be displayed in the PDF. In Edit Mode, all the settings you can apply to your report are displayed in the left menu.
In Edit mode, you can set the size of your widgets by selecting and dragging the borders of each widget. These borders are displayed when Edit mode is toggled on.
In View and Edit mode, you can define your dashboard’s orientation, its layout, and what is displayed in the header and footer on your report.
After you have customized your report, you can save the settings and use them when sharing reports, or download the report as a PDF.
To customize a PDF report:
- In your dashboard’s menu, click . The PDF Report Settings page is displayed.
- Edit the dashboard by selecting any of the following options:
The size of the email report in the PDF.
The orientation of the dashboard in the PDF, landscape or portrait. Landscape orientations display the dashboard horizontally while portrait orientations display the dashboard vertically.
The design and content of your report’s header. The header is displayed on the top of each page or your PDF report.
From the Header list, you can define how your header is to be displayed:
Compact, Medium, Large, or No Header.
After you have set the design, you can determine what information is included in the header.
Title: Select to display the dashboard name at the top of the PDF.
Dashboard As Of: Select to display the ElastiCube name and last build time at the top of the PDF.
Dataset Name: Select to display the name of the ElastiCube that contains the dashboard’s data.
Dashboard Filters: Select to display dashboard filter selections.
The content displayed in the footer section of each page of your report. You can display the following information:
Page Number: Select to display the page number on each page of the report.
- Click Save to save your settings when sharing reports or to download your report.