This is currently in Beta. If you are interested in accessing this beta feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Default object columns represent the data exposed on a list view by default for a given object. Web App Users can further personalize their experience by creating their list views. They are based on the columns that an administrator has defined.
Often, a column within a list view will represent a field within the data model. However, administrators can further configure how the data is presented to users, such as by choosing whether or not a column should be hyperlinked. (See Admin Settings: advanced column configuration for list views to learn more about advanced column configuration.)
Configuring default columns
To configure the default columns:
- Open the Settings menu.
- From the left-hand menu, select Data objects.
- Select the object for which you wish to configure the default columns. For example, Jobs.
- Click Edit default columns in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Use the column selector to select the data you would like to expose to users within the list view.
Optionally, you may edit the value displayed in a column header or reorder the default position of a column.
Editing the column header
To edit the column header:
- Click the pencil icon beside a column to display the Edit column dialog.
- Edit the Column header value. Please note that this does not change the field name or label within the data model.
Ordering the columns
To change the default order of the columns, use the chevron icons to move the objects up or down. Changes are instantly reflected in the Table preview panel on the right of the window.