This feature is currently in Beta. If you are interested in accessing this beta feature, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM).
Before importing your data you must first create an Import task. Unlike export and deleting data, there are multiple import operations available:
- Import - create new records
- Update - update existing records
The import operation type is selected after you have first selected “import data”
So let's get to it…
Step 1: Creating an import task
- Create a new task from the data loader task list
- Select import
- Select your operation type Insert or Update
- Select the object you wish to import data into - such as Jobs, Resources, Tags etc.
- Upload your file
You can import your file from your local directory. Upload the .CSV file you wish to import by clicking the browse button.
Step 2: Map your fields
- You can map your CSV columns to your Skedulo fields.
- Any matching headers from your input file and your Skedulo object fields map automatically.
- Fields are ordered based on the columns in the .CSV file
- Use the quick find at the top of the selection drop-down to search through your Skedulo fields.
Follow the same steps as if you were importing data and change the Operation Type to Update. When updating data, you must provide the skedulo record UID(s) you wish to update.
Locating the Skedulo record ID.
There are two ways to find the ID of a record.
- Run an export operation to retrieve object data (records) each row in the export will contain a “UID” column which is the record ID.
- Use GraphQL to query the object and return the UID in the response. (advanced). To learn more about GraphQL queries see https://developer.skedulo.com/docs/skedulo_lens_api/graphql/graphql-queries/
Step 3: Save and run the import task.
The last step is the summary screen with the summary information for your task. Click Create Task to save your task and run it immediately.
The task is running (importing or exporting data)
The task has finished running (all the records are processed, with or without errors), the status is completed.
The task has been stopped because: